Submitted by kc0myj on Tue, 01/19/2016 - 20:21.
License and upgrade testing :
LARC provides license testing at 10:00am at the Niwot Fire Station:
The 2016 dates are: 2/27, 4/23, 6/25, 8/27, 10/22 and 12/10.
Request Test info: Contact Form
Please use this form to notify our VE's of your intent to attend a session and guarantee that there will be a testing session as scheduled
Niwot Fire Station
8500 Niwot Road
Niwot, Colorado 80503
Please open the document at the bottom of this page to view a map of the location for this testing location
Taking an FCC Exam you must bring the following:
- Two forms of identification one of which must be a photo identification or a certified birth certificate.
- your FRN (FCC Registration Number). Register at http://wireless.fcc.gov
- Original and one photocopy of current license, if any.
- Original and one photo copy of CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Exam) toward the next class license, if any.
- $15.00 You may pay either in cash (exact change please), or by check made out to ARRL/VEC.
- Supplies: pen, pencils, eraser, calculator, etc.
The examination fee allows an examinee to take one test of each element. Element retakes are allowed for an additional payment of $15.00.
There are several places on-line to take practice tests, including the following:
How to become a VE:
Serve the community - Be a Volunteer Examiner (VE).